- Corey Allmond: Corey has spent much of the summer playing in a summer league in China. He has played very well and is currently averaging 21.6 ppg while shooting 40% from three point range. Corey needed much more experience coming off last season, and I think this is a good experience for him. Corey has stated he intends to come back to the Ants, and if he can improve his game, he could have a real breakout year.
- Anthony Kent: Anthony played over in Malaysia for a month during a tournament, and he had a great experience. AK did not get as many minutes as he would have liked last season, and it is sometimes good to go somewhere and just play. It allows you to get out of your role or rut and remember all the good things you can do on a basketball court. He certainly was able to do that, and he averaged approximately 16 points and 13 rebounds a game.
- Walker Russell, Jr.: Walker is playing down in the Dominican Republic, and he is clearly having his best season overseas. His team is on top of the standings, and he is averaging 16.2 ppg, 5.6 apg, and shooting an impressive 45% from three. Walker is also one of the league leaders in turnovers, and that is an area that he has to improve.
- Larry Turner: Yes, there has been a Larry Turner sighting! He is in the Dominican as well, and he is playing okay. Larry is doing his usual 6 and 5 down there, but he has been there the whole season, so he must be doing something right.
- Darnell Lazare: Darnell just got down to the Dominican as well, and he has gotten off to a slow start and is averaging 3.3 ppg and 2 rpg. He is not getting many minutes just yet, and I am sure that will pick up quickly for him.
- Chris Kramer: Chris played down in Puerto Rico for a while this summer, and he had a very solid experience down there. He joined the team towards the end of the season, and I think it is always hard to do that. The roles are already set, and nobody is necessarily willing to let the new guy come in and do what he wants. With that said, Chris played well with inconsistent minutes -- 9 ppg, 4 rpg, and 3 apg. In other words, his usual all around performances.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Mad Ants Update
It seems like it is appropriate to occasionally discuss the Ants and its players, and I am going to take a few minutes now to update you on some players who are currently playing overseas.