- Coleman Collins and Sean Sonderleiter -- Ulm: Coleman and Sean's team put up a stinker after getting a huge win against perennial German powerhouse Alba Berlin. Neither player played particularly well -- Sean had 2 points and 7 boards in just 19 minutes, and Coleman had 6 points and 5 boards in 24 minutes. As I look at that roster, I think their coach has to shorten his rotation and get his best players more minutes. For Sondy to get 7 board (and only 4 shots) in 19 minutes tells me that you have to let him get a rhythm and more minutes. The same goes for Coleman. There is 80 minutes that can be split between the 4 and 5 spots, and the only three who should play those minutes, in my opinion are Sondy, Coleman, and big John Bryant (from Erie last year). That is as good a three man rotation as there is in that league. That would average about 26 minutes per player (although that can be altered up or down depending on who is playing well). The three of them combined for 72 minutes last night, and I would be curious what Sondy could have done with 8 more minutes on the court.
- Jared Reiner -- Bayreuth: Jared had a fantastic game this weekend as his team got yet another win. Jared had 17 points and 13 boards in 34 minutes in what looks to have been one of his better games of the year.
- Ryan Ayers -- Namika Lahti: Ryan's team lost the game, but he had a very nice game with 18 points and 9 boards.
- Kyle McAlarney -- Ikaros: Kyle had another nice game against one of the best team's in Greece (and Europe), Olympiakos. He had 11 points on 5-7 shooting, and he continues to demonstrate he can play at the top levels of Europe. Good for Kyle!
- Oliver Lafayette -- Partizan: O played a bit better in this game, but he still looks to be struggling to find his shot. He had 7 points, 8 boards, and 5 assists in 30 minutes in a loss to Nymburk. The good news is that is ranking was much improved, so let's hope this is the start of good things for O.
- Rob Kurz -- Granada; Earl Calloway -- Cajasol: These two former Mad Ants went head to head this past weekend in Spain, and Rob squeaked out the 73-72 victory. Rob continues to be one of the great stories in Spanish basketball this season, and he put together another good one -- 12 points, 15 boards, 3 assists, and 3 blocks. Earl had a solid game in the loss with 8 points.
- Larry Turner -- BC Odessa: Larry did not play much in his game this past weekend. He played two minutes and missed both of his free throws in that short time span. It will be tough for Larry to stay on the team with so few minutes at this point.
- Taj McCullough -- Sydney Kings: Taj was back in the starting line up and had a solid game with 10 points and 5 boards in a loss.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Former Mad Ants in action overseas -- here are the updates: