- The Celtics waive Tiny Gallon: Big surprise here -- he is likely on his way to Maine (along with Stephane Lasme according to a tweet I read somewhere on HoopsHype).
- Dallas waives Rashad McCants, Sean Williams, Adam Haluska, and Dee Brown: Again, no surprises here.
- Memphis Grizzlies waive Damien Wilkins and Josh Davis: The rights to Davis may be with Maine right now, but I think Wilkins would go to Dakota.
- 76ers waive Trent Plaisted and Chris Quinn: Both would go to Springfield if they signed in the D-League.
- Chicago Bulls waive John Lucas III, Kyle Weaver, Roger Powell: I think Lucas III rights would go to either Springfield or Maine, but Weaver and Powell would be free to go to Iowa if they sign with the D-League.
- Lakers waive Trey Johnson and Drew Naymick: Both would go to Bakersfield.
- Washington Wizards waive Adam Morrison and Sean Marks: I am surprised by the Adam Morrison cut. I thought it looked like he had played very well in preseason games, and Marks has been on the end of an NBA bench for a number of years. I'd be shocked if they went the D-League route, but if they did, they would go to Dakota.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
And Even More Moves
Quite a day of cuts in the NBA. Here are some more moves from around the league that could affect the D-League: