- The team started off really slow and was allowing way too much penetration. They shored that up as the game progressed, but something the team will have to remedy before the season starts.
- We certainly miss Chris Hunter in the middle. He is just so big, powerful, and athletic in the middle, and we are not quite the same without him.
- With that said, I thought both Sondy and AK played well last night. It took Sean a quarter before he warmed up, but he started to make some very tough post moves towards the end of the game and started to show what we have seen in practice. AK was energy all game long and he played very well.
- The Notre Dame trio played well, with Kyle and Ayers shooting the best. Kurz struggled shooting, but he really filled up the stats sheet.
- Our offensive execution was good in spurts, and I don't think that is any surprise. I'm sure a week of practice will allow the team the opportunity to get things better there.
- While the starting five played well, I was disappointed with how the second unit played when they were given a big lead. They need to be ready to play and ready for the speed of the game.
- Brandon Cotton had a nice game in terms of getting to the hole and scoring buckets.
All in all, I thought both teams held back and tried to not give the other team too much to look at. Erie is a really good, athletic team, and they will be tough to beat, especially if we don't shore up our execution on both sides of the ball.